10 Shouts - 226,724 Scrobbles
Vincenzo Salvatore Carmelo Francesco Bellini (November 3, 1801 – September 23, 1835) was an Italian opera composer. Known for his flowing melodic line, Bellini was the quintessential composer of Bel canto opera. Born in Catania, Sicily, Italy, Bellini was a child prodigy from a highly musical family and legend has it he could sing an air of Valentino Fioravanti at eighteen months, began studying music theory at two, the piano at three, and by the age of five could play well. His first composition dates from his sixth year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Casta Diva - (5:22) - 838 plays
- Sinfonia - (5:02) - 487 plays
- Oboe Concerto in E flat major - (8:33) - 437 plays
- Act III: Credeasi, misera! - (3:04) - 379 plays
- Vincenzo Bellini: Norma / Act 1 - Casta Diva - (6:49) - 392 plays
- Norma viene - (3:22) - 335 plays
- Bellini: Il Pirata: Si vincemmo, e il pregio io sento - (4:23) - 203 plays
- Ah! bello a me ritorna - (2:45) - 273 plays
- Fenesta che lucive - (3:29) - 182 plays
- Mira, Ao Norma - (7:56) - 269 plays