33 Shouts - 435,201 Scrobbles
A songwriter, producer, singer, and DJ, Vikter Duplaix is originally from Philadelphia and remains highly connected to the Philly soul movement. In the 90s Duplaix worked primarily as a producer working on records for Erykah Badu, Musiq, and Jaguar Wright.
A friendship with Philly DJ King Britt led to an immersion in modern dance music. He contributed vocals to Britt's Scuba project (Swell) and soon was producing his own material; underground singles like "Messages," "Manhood," and "Sensuality" went over well with house DJs, including Masters at Work, who gave "Sensuality" a big push.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online