Vieux Farka Touré
30 Shouts - 443,899 Scrobbles
Vieux Farka Touré is a Malian singer and guitarist, and son of one of the African continent's most internationally renowned musicians Ali Farka Touré. Since his childhood, Vieux Farka Touré has been deeply inspired by the music of his father, Ali Farka Touré. Growing up in Mali's capital, Bamako, as well as in his father's hometown of Niafunké in the Sahara desert - both teeming with rich musical life - Vieux proved himself a precocious talent as a drummer and calabash player. Ali, however, grew concerned about his son's future as he observed his son's budding musical gifts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fafa - (5:02) - 1,222 plays
- All the Same - (4:30) - 895 plays
- Diack So - (4:58) - 575 plays
- Doni Doni - (4:15) - 499 plays
- Safare - (4:40) - 497 plays
- Yer Gando - (4:25) - 402 plays
- Sokosondou - (4:25) - 435 plays
- Ay Bakoy - (6:41) - 443 plays
- Tabara - (3:19) - 455 plays
- Slow Jam - (4:08) - 396 plays