Vieux Farka Touré
30 Shouts - 427,605 Scrobbles
Vieux Farka Touré is a Malian singer and guitarist, and son of one of the African continent's most internationally renowned musicians Ali Farka Touré. Since his childhood, Vieux Farka Touré has been deeply inspired by the music of his father, Ali Farka Touré. Growing up in Mali's capital, Bamako, as well as in his father's hometown of Niafunké in the Sahara desert - both teeming with rich musical life - Vieux proved himself a precocious talent as a drummer and calabash player. Ali, however, grew concerned about his son's future as he observed his son's budding musical gifts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fafa - (5:02) - 1,120 plays
- Diack So - (4:58) - 757 plays
- Safare - (4:40) - 672 plays
- All the Same - (4:30) - 690 plays
- Yer Gando - (4:25) - 588 plays
- Doni Doni - (4:15) - 601 plays
- Sokosondou - (4:25) - 561 plays
- Kele Magni - (4:35) - 474 plays
- Ay Bakoy - (6:41) - 573 plays
- Future - (4:48) - 495 plays