Vieux Farka Touré
30 Shouts - 432,438 Scrobbles
Vieux Farka Touré is a Malian singer and guitarist, and son of one of the African continent's most internationally renowned musicians Ali Farka Touré. Since his childhood, Vieux Farka Touré has been deeply inspired by the music of his father, Ali Farka Touré. Growing up in Mali's capital, Bamako, as well as in his father's hometown of Niafunké in the Sahara desert - both teeming with rich musical life - Vieux proved himself a precocious talent as a drummer and calabash player. Ali, however, grew concerned about his son's future as he observed his son's budding musical gifts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fafa - (5:02) - 1,178 plays
- All the Same - (4:30) - 808 plays
- Diack So - (4:58) - 603 plays
- Safare - (4:40) - 527 plays
- Yer Gando - (4:25) - 500 plays
- Sokosondou - (4:25) - 536 plays
- Tabara - (3:19) - 556 plays
- Ay Bakoy - (6:41) - 531 plays
- Doni Doni - (4:15) - 442 plays
- Kele Magni - (4:35) - 384 plays