1,179 Shouts - 4,805,717 Scrobbles
Verse is a hardcore band from Providence, Rhode Island. Formed in 2003 and going on to emerge in 2004, they have gained recognition for their own brand of passionate modern hardcore, covering issues such as depression, addiction and family decay. Upon solidifying their lineup, Verse signed to Rivalry Records for their first full length Rebuild, which was recorded in May 2004. After the release of Rebuild, Verse went onto a heavy touring schedule. During August 2004, when the band was touring through South Carolina, they encountered some van troubles.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThey've got themselves a new spin
On the story, twisted for one-sided glory. Devastation soon
Becoming fuel for the masses new fury. A greedy hand in
The guise of a good man. So threatening. So deafening.
So silencing, that familiar stance. The burden now passed
- LyricsStanding against the odds to take back what they took.
Some fight with stones, some fight with guns.
But instead I choose to fight with my pen and my notebook.
Nothing for the ninth ward, just more of the same.
Wealthy wolves smell the blood of opportunity.
- LyricsTired and beaten.
Voice withering away to nothing.
I'm walking in the footsteps made by those who have been defeated.
I've watched men and women made of steel get burned up
As easily as dry leaves and left depleted
- LyricsSo here's a story about a city with a secret
Everyone one here is the life of the party
And everyone who's anyone is everyone's biggest fan.
If they've got what you need.
Everyone whispers and sends out a secret nod
- LyricsStaring into the sun, his eyes tearing and burning. Thoughts of that warm
day he closed up his heart to the world. Few walked beside him, many just
passed him by. So he'll just stay numb and sit there; quietly fall behind.
Watched a man climb a mountain, watched that man's end of time. No conversation
with the giver, his father lives only in his mind. Took a chance to see her.
- Unlearn - (2:41) - 2,684 plays
- Blind Salvation - (0:41) - 2,715 plays
- Sons and Daughters - (4:07) - 2,584 plays
- The Selfish of the Earth - (3:22) - 1,801 plays
- Suffering to live, Scared of love - (2:42) - 1,866 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online