1,175 Shouts - 4,600,181 Scrobbles
Verse is a hardcore band from Providence, RI, United States. Forming in 2003 and going on to emerge in 2004, they have gained recognition for their own brand of passionate modern hardcore, covering issues such as depression, addiction and family decay. They originally split in February 2009 and later reformed in 2011 after a two year hiatus, with Sean Murphy stating that "it just clicked, made sense and is once again a very important part of our lives". They released their comeback album, Bitter Clarity, Uncommon Grace on July 17, 2012.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThey've got themselves a new spin
On the story, twisted for one-sided glory. Devastation soon
Becoming fuel for the masses new fury. A greedy hand in
The guise of a good man. So threatening. So deafening.
So silencing, that familiar stance. The burden now passed
- Old Guards, New Methods - (2:31) - 6,640 plays
- LyricsTired and beaten.
Voice withering away to nothing.
I'm walking in the footsteps made by those who have been defeated.
I've watched men and women made of steel get burned up
As easily as dry leaves and left depleted
- LyricsThirsting for the absolute left you drunk on a quest for the truth.
A newfound sense of salvation, empty in the eyes, mind on vacation.
They got their ravenous claws in your skin, they know the power of
Infecting the youth.
Such a fine young boy. Join them where the water is black and you
- Signals - (1:21) - 4,867 plays
- Earth and Stone - (3:17) - 4,621 plays
- Unlearn - (2:41) - 4,551 plays
- Sons and Daughters - (4:07) - 4,602 plays
- The Selfish of the Earth - (3:22) - 3,348 plays
- The Selfless of the Earth - (3:51) - 2,943 plays