20 Shouts - 221,311 Scrobbles
Vern Gosdin (August 5, 1934 – April 28, 2009) was a traditional country singer with a strong country voice. Some of his best material were not #1 hits.
As country music swung back toward traditional styles in the 1980s, an inheritor of the soulful honky tonk style of Lefty Frizzell and Merle Haggard rose to the top of the business and notched hit after barroom hit. Sometimes he was known simply as "the Voice." Born in Woodland, AL, Vern Gosdin idolized the Louvin Brothers and the Blue Sky Boys as a young man and sang in a gospel quartet called the Gosdin Brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou ran crying to the bedroom, I ran off to the bar
Another peace of Heaven gone to Hell
The words we spoke in anger just tore my world apart
And I sat there feeling sorry for myself
Then that old man sat down beside me and looked me in the eye
- This Ain't My First Rodeo - (3:04) - 289 plays
- LyricsDon't you think you should have called
To tell me you were coming down
Oh you look so out of place
On this troubled side of town
It's a place where losers go
- I Can Tell By The Way You Dance - (2:45) - 255 plays
- LyricsEvery night you go to bed crying
There's nothing left to do when love is dying
So before the whole world knows, how we're hurting
Don't you think it's time we pull the curtains?
So many times, I talked you out of leaving
- Set 'Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 257 plays
- Who You Gonna Blame It On This Time - (2:49) - 184 plays
- Today My World Slipped Away - (3:11) - 209 plays
- Set "Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 151 plays
- If You're Gonna Do Me Wrong (Do It Right) - (3:31) - 123 plays