18 Shouts - 208,679 Scrobbles
Vern Gosdin (August 5, 1934 – April 28, 2009) was a traditional country singer with a strong country voice. Some of his best material were not #1 hits.
As country music swung back toward traditional styles in the 1980s, an inheritor of the soulful honky tonk style of Lefty Frizzell and Merle Haggard rose to the top of the business and notched hit after barroom hit. Sometimes he was known simply as "the Voice." Born in Woodland, AL, Vern Gosdin idolized the Louvin Brothers and the Blue Sky Boys as a young man and sang in a gospel quartet called the Gosdin Brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou ran crying to the bedroom, I ran off to the bar
Another peace of Heaven gone to Hell
The words we spoke in anger just tore my world apart
And I sat there feeling sorry for myself
Then that old man sat down beside me and looked me in the eye
- Set 'Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 1,006 plays
- Do You Believe Me Now - (3:35) - 661 plays
- I Can Tell By The Way You Dance - (2:45) - 684 plays
- This Ain't My First Rodeo - (3:04) - 648 plays
- Is It Raining At Your House - (2:59) - 444 plays
- I'm Still Crazy - (2:46) - 408 plays
- That Just About Does It - (3:59) - 350 plays
- Set'em Up Joe - (2:25) - 344 plays
- Right In The Wrong Direction - (2:14) - 312 plays