18 Shouts - 213,116 Scrobbles
Vern Gosdin (August 5, 1934 – April 28, 2009) was a traditional country singer with a strong country voice. Some of his best material were not #1 hits.
As country music swung back toward traditional styles in the 1980s, an inheritor of the soulful honky tonk style of Lefty Frizzell and Merle Haggard rose to the top of the business and notched hit after barroom hit. Sometimes he was known simply as "the Voice." Born in Woodland, AL, Vern Gosdin idolized the Louvin Brothers and the Blue Sky Boys as a young man and sang in a gospel quartet called the Gosdin Brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chiseled In Stone - (3:50) - 756 plays
- Do You Believe Me Now - (3:35) - 529 plays
- I Can Tell By The Way You Dance - (2:45) - 443 plays
- Set 'Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 533 plays
- This Ain't My First Rodeo - (3:04) - 444 plays
- That Just About Does It - (3:59) - 272 plays
- Today My World Slipped Away - (3:11) - 228 plays
- Is It Raining At Your House - (2:59) - 246 plays
- I'm Still Crazy - (2:46) - 193 plays
- Right In The Wrong Direction - (2:14) - 196 plays