18 Shouts - 211,760 Scrobbles
Vern Gosdin (August 5, 1934 – April 28, 2009) was a traditional country singer with a strong country voice. Some of his best material were not #1 hits.
As country music swung back toward traditional styles in the 1980s, an inheritor of the soulful honky tonk style of Lefty Frizzell and Merle Haggard rose to the top of the business and notched hit after barroom hit. Sometimes he was known simply as "the Voice." Born in Woodland, AL, Vern Gosdin idolized the Louvin Brothers and the Blue Sky Boys as a young man and sang in a gospel quartet called the Gosdin Brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chiseled In Stone - (3:50) - 935 plays
- Set 'Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 661 plays
- Do You Believe Me Now - (3:35) - 556 plays
- I Can Tell By The Way You Dance - (2:45) - 492 plays
- This Ain't My First Rodeo - (3:04) - 481 plays
- Today My World Slipped Away - (3:11) - 261 plays
- That Just About Does It - (3:59) - 262 plays
- I'm Still Crazy - (2:46) - 254 plays
- Is It Raining At Your House - (2:59) - 284 plays
- Set'em Up Joe - (2:25) - 233 plays
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations
- Adele’s New Album Reportedly Titled ’25’, Might Embark On World Tour