18 Shouts - 214,835 Scrobbles
Vern Gosdin (August 5, 1934 – April 28, 2009) was a traditional country singer with a strong country voice. Some of his best material were not #1 hits.
As country music swung back toward traditional styles in the 1980s, an inheritor of the soulful honky tonk style of Lefty Frizzell and Merle Haggard rose to the top of the business and notched hit after barroom hit. Sometimes he was known simply as "the Voice." Born in Woodland, AL, Vern Gosdin idolized the Louvin Brothers and the Blue Sky Boys as a young man and sang in a gospel quartet called the Gosdin Brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chiseled In Stone - (3:50) - 708 plays
- Do You Believe Me Now - (3:35) - 564 plays
- I Can Tell By The Way You Dance - (2:45) - 432 plays
- Set 'Em Up Joe - (2:25) - 497 plays
- LyricsEvery night you go to bed crying
There's nothing left to do when love is dying
So before the whole world knows, how we're hurting
Don't you think it's time we pull the curtains?
So many times, I talked you out of leaving
- This Ain't My First Rodeo - (3:04) - 422 plays
- Today My World Slipped Away - (3:11) - 216 plays
- Who You Gonna Blame It On This Time - (2:49) - 249 plays
- Is It Raining At Your House - (2:59) - 236 plays
- Right In The Wrong Direction - (2:14) - 202 plays