2,454 Shouts - 7,173,686 Scrobbles
Venom is a metal band formed in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK in 1979. Coming to prominence towards the end of the 'New Wave of British Heavy Metal', Venom's first two albums – Welcome to Hell (1981) and Black Metal (1982) – are considered a major influence on thrash metal and extreme metal in general. Venom's second album proved influential enough that its title was used as the name of an extreme metal subgenre: black metal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Black Metal - (4:01) - 25,135 plays
- Welcome to Hell - (3:46) - 14,142 plays
- Countess Bathory - (3:44) - 14,618 plays
- To Hell and Back - (3:01) - 11,726 plays
- Buried Alive - (4:12) - 11,431 plays
- In League With Satan - (3:32) - 12,956 plays
- Raise the Dead - (3:29) - 10,709 plays
- Leave Me In Hell - (3:33) - 9,364 plays
- Sacrifice - (4:28) - 8,295 plays
- Witching Hour - (3:12) - 8,812 plays