Van der Graaf Generator
653 Shouts - 3,158,605 Scrobbles
Van der Graaf Generator is a progressive rock band formed in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. They were the first act signed to Charisma Records. The band achieved considerable success in Italy during the 1970s. In 2005 they embarked on a reunion, which continues to the present day. The signature Van der Graaf Generator sound in the 1970s was a combination of Peter Hammill's distinctive and dynamic voice and David Jackson's electronically-treated saxophones, generally playing over thick chordal keyboard parts (such as Hammond organ and/or clavinet).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSo you live in the bottom of the sea
And you kill all that come near you
But you are very lonely
Because all the other fish fear you
And you crave companionship
- LyricsHere at the glass, all the usual problems
All the habitual farce
You ask in uncertain voice, what you should do
As if there were a choice but to carry on miming the song
And hope that it all works out right
- LyricsThe killer lives inside me: I can feel him move.
Sometimes he's lightly sleeping in the quiet of his room,
but then his eyes will rise and stare through mine;
he'll speak my words and slice my mind inside.
The killer lives.
- LyricsThere's a house with no door and I'm living there
At nights it gets so cold and the days are hard to bear inside
There's a house with no roof, so the rain creeps in
Falling through my head as I try to think out time
I don't know you, you say you know me, that may be so
- Lemmings (Including Cog) - (11:34) - 3,069 plays
- Scorched Earth - (10:10) - 3,258 plays
- A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - (23:11) - 3,217 plays
- Arrow - (8:57) - 2,981 plays
- Refugees - (6:21) - 2,724 plays
- The Sleepwalkers - (10:15) - 2,578 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online