Van der Graaf Generator
649 Shouts - 3,049,186 Scrobbles
Van der Graaf Generator is a progressive rock band formed in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. They were the first act signed to Charisma Records. The band achieved considerable success in Italy during the 1970s. In 2005 they embarked on a reunion, which continues to the present day. The signature Van der Graaf Generator sound in the 1970s was a combination of Peter Hammill's distinctive and dynamic voice and David Jackson's electronically-treated saxophones, generally playing over thick chordal keyboard parts (such as Hammond organ and/or clavinet).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Killer - (8:22) - 4,612 plays
- The Undercover Man - (7:42) - 3,870 plays
- Man-Erg - (11:52) - 3,668 plays
- House With No Door - (6:35) - 3,614 plays
- Lemmings (Including Cog) - (11:34) - 3,090 plays
- Scorched Earth - (10:10) - 3,443 plays
- A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - (23:11) - 3,315 plays
- Arrow - (8:57) - 3,132 plays
- Refugees - (6:21) - 2,750 plays
- The Sleepwalkers - (10:15) - 2,747 plays