Van der Graaf Generator
630 Shouts - 2,854,278 Scrobbles
Van der Graaf Generator is a progressive rock band formed in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. They were the first act signed to Charisma Records. The band achieved considerable success in Italy during the 1970s. In 2005 they embarked on a reunion, which continues to the present day. The signature Van der Graaf Generator sound in the 1970s was a combination of Peter Hammill's distinctive and dynamic voice and David Jackson's electronically-treated saxophones, generally playing over thick chordal keyboard parts (such as Hammond organ and/or clavinet).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSo you live in the bottom of the sea
And you kill all that come near you
But you are very lonely
Because all the other fish fear you
And you crave companionship
- LyricsThe killer lives inside me: I can feel him move.
Sometimes he's lightly sleeping in the quiet of his room,
but then his eyes will rise and stare through mine;
he'll speak my words and slice my mind inside.
The killer lives.
- LyricsHere at the glass, all the usual problems
All the habitual farce
You ask in uncertain voice, what you should do
As if there were a choice but to carry on miming the song
And hope that it all works out right
- LyricsJust one crazy moment while the dice are cast,
He looks into the future and remembers what is past,
Wonders what he's doing on this battlefield,
Shrugs to his shadow, impatient, too proud yet to kneel.
In his wake he leaves scorched earth and work in vain;
- Lemmings (Including Cog) - (11:34) - 3,636 plays
- House With No Door - (6:35) - 4,426 plays
- Arrow - (8:57) - 4,097 plays
- Refugees - (6:21) - 3,377 plays
- A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - (23:11) - 4,130 plays
- The Sleepwalkers - (10:15) - 3,737 plays