Van der Graaf Generator
643 Shouts - 2,957,293 Scrobbles
Van der Graaf Generator is a progressive rock band formed in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. They were the first act signed to Charisma Records. The band achieved considerable success in Italy during the 1970s. In 2005 they embarked on a reunion, which continues to the present day. The signature Van der Graaf Generator sound in the 1970s was a combination of Peter Hammill's distinctive and dynamic voice and David Jackson's electronically-treated saxophones, generally playing over thick chordal keyboard parts (such as Hammond organ and/or clavinet).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Killer - (8:22) - 5,200 plays
- Man-Erg - (11:52) - 4,265 plays
- The Undercover Man - (7:23) - 4,479 plays
- Lemmings (Including Cog) - (11:34) - 3,539 plays
- LyricsJust one crazy moment while the dice are cast,
He looks into the future and remembers what is past,
Wonders what he's doing on this battlefield,
Shrugs to his shadow, impatient, too proud yet to kneel.
In his wake he leaves scorched earth and work in vain;
- House With No Door - (6:35) - 4,131 plays
- Arrow - (8:57) - 3,915 plays
- Refugees - (6:21) - 3,338 plays
- A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers - (23:11) - 3,809 plays
- The Sleepwalkers - (10:15) - 3,446 plays