835 Shouts - 23,534,203 Scrobbles
George Ivan Morrison (generally known as Van Morrison) (born 31 August 1945) is a Grammy Award-winning artist from Belfast, Northern Ireland. He's a singer, songwriter, author, poet, and multi-instrumentalist, who has been a professional musician since 1958. He plays a variety of instruments, including the guitar, harmonica, keyboards, drums, and saxophone. Featuring his characteristic growl - a unique mix of folk, blues, Irish, scat, and Celtic influences - Morrison is widely considered one of the most unusual and influential vocalists in the history of rock and roll.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Brown Eyed Girl - (3:04) - 153,293 plays
- LyricsWell, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are fallin'
- Into The Mystic - (3:28) - 61,127 plays
- LyricsI can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles
And the heaven's open every time she smiles
And when I come to her that's where I belong
Yet I'm running to her like a river's song
She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love
- Sweet Thing - (4:24) - 45,857 plays
- And It Stoned Me - (4:32) - 41,997 plays
- Astral Weeks - (7:04) - 32,564 plays
- Caravan - (5:01) - 25,848 plays
- Madame George - (5:19) - 23,879 plays
- Beside You - (6:04) - 22,430 plays