187 Shouts - 1,398,385 Scrobbles
Värttinä combines traditional Finnish folk music with smatterings of other genres such as jazz. They saw their beginning as a young Finnish folk music ensemble in 1983, by founding members Sari and Mari Kaasinen in the Karelian village of Rääkkylä. Many transformations have taken place in the band since then. Värttinä shot into fame with the release of their 1991 album Oi dai.
Since then their style has become increasingly contemporary, and have now totalled 14 albums, including the recently-published Utu in 2012.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Seelinnikoi - (3:41) - 683 plays
- Travuska - (4:52) - 485 plays
- Oi dai - (3:44) - 532 plays
- Käppee - (2:33) - 549 plays
- Kylä vuotti uutta kuuta - (5:09) - 509 plays
- Tumala - (3:27) - 428 plays
- Katariina - (2:13) - 405 plays
- Marilaulu - (2:08) - 464 plays
- Miinan laulu - (3:13) - 360 plays
- Sulhassii - (2:55) - 349 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online