187 Shouts - 1,352,402 Scrobbles
Värttinä combines traditional Finnish folk music with smatterings of other genres such as jazz. They saw their beginning as a young Finnish folk music ensemble in 1983, by founding members Sari and Mari Kaasinen in the Karelian village of Rääkkylä. Many transformations have taken place in the band since then. Värttinä shot into fame with the release of their 1991 album Oi dai.
Since then their style has become increasingly contemporary, and have now totalled 14 albums, including the recently-published Utu in 2012.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Käppee - (2:33) - 751 plays
- Seelinnikoi - (3:41) - 760 plays
- Kylä vuotti uutta kuuta - (5:09) - 584 plays
- Tumala - (3:27) - 568 plays
- Marilaulu - (2:08) - 618 plays
- Mieleni Alenevi - (2:56) - 637 plays
- Miinan laulu - (3:13) - 499 plays
- Katariina - (2:13) - 598 plays
- Nahkaruoska - (3:07) - 669 plays
- Emoton - (3:33) - 409 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations