187 Shouts - 1,389,483 Scrobbles
Värttinä combines traditional Finnish folk music with smatterings of other genres such as jazz. They saw their beginning as a young Finnish folk music ensemble in 1983, by founding members Sari and Mari Kaasinen in the Karelian village of Rääkkylä. Many transformations have taken place in the band since then. Värttinä shot into fame with the release of their 1991 album Oi dai.
Since then their style has become increasingly contemporary, and have now totalled 14 albums, including the recently-published Utu in 2012.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Käppee - (2:33) - 646 plays
- Seelinnikoi - (3:41) - 723 plays
- Oi dai - (3:44) - 528 plays
- Travuska - (4:52) - 476 plays
- Kylä vuotti uutta kuuta - (5:09) - 537 plays
- Tumala - (3:27) - 462 plays
- Katariina - (2:13) - 454 plays
- Marilaulu - (2:08) - 558 plays
- Miinan laulu - (3:13) - 524 plays
- Matalii ja mustii - (2:57) - 437 plays