962 Shouts - 8,862,309 Scrobbles
Uriah Heep is a British rock band, officially formed in 1969 in London, England, when record producer Gerry Bron invited keyboardist Ken Hensley (previously a member of The Gods and Toe Fat) to join Spice, members of whom included soon-to-become Heep stalwarts David Byron (vocals) and Mick Box (guitar). The band rapidly grew to become a seminal classic hard rock act of the 1970s and beyond. Their distinctive progressive/art rock/heavy metal fusion has always featured a massive keyboards sound, strong vocal harmonies and (in the early years) David Byron's operatic vocals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe came to me one morning, one lonely Sunday morning
Her long hair flowing in the mid winter wind
I know not how she found me, for in darkness I was walking
And destruction lay around me from a fight I could not win
She asked me name my foe then I said "The need within some men
- LyricsThis is a place I've never knew before
It's called easy livin'
This is a thing I've never seen before
And I've been forgiven
Easy livin' and I've been forgiven
- LyricsThere I was on a July morning
Looking for love
With the strength of a new day dawning
And the beautiful sun
At the sound of the first bird singing
- LyricsHe was the wizard of a thousand kings
And I chanced to meet him one night wandering
He told me tales and he drank my wine
Me and my magic man, kind of feeling fine
He had a cloak of gold and eyes of fire
- LyricsI was only seventeen
I fell in love with a gypsy queen
She told me, "Hold on"
Her father was the leading man
Said, "You're not welcome on our land"
- Look at Yourself - (3:05) - 8,878 plays
- Stealin' - (4:48) - 7,185 plays
- Sunrise - (4:06) - 7,086 plays
- Traveller In Time - (3:23) - 7,144 plays
- Rainbow Demon - (4:23) - 6,891 plays