7 Shouts - 6,256 Scrobbles
Urban Sax is an ensemble founded by the French composer Gilbert Artman made up of massive numbers of saxophones, accompanied by percussion and sometimes voices. The group is directed by Artman and performs his compositions, which are generally repetitive and minimalist, often sounding somewhat mechanistic rather than conventionally expressive. The group was formed in 1973, when Artman organized a concert by a group of eight saxophonists he had organized at a classical music festival in Menton, in the south of France.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Prologue Improbable - 33 plays
- Possible Prologue - 20 plays
- Malax - 17 plays
- Percheman Aux Oreilles Mouvantes - 22 plays
- On The Time - 16 plays
- Part 3 - (5:41) - 13 plays
- Part 2 - (4:37) - 14 plays
- Slow-Turn around Mevlana - (9:31) - 8 plays
- Part 1 - (1:55) - 12 plays
- Cuve au Miroire - (6:20) - 6 plays