22 Shouts - 39,847 Scrobbles
Univers Zéro are an instrumental Belgian band known for playing dark music heavily influenced by 20th century chamber music. The band was formed in 1974 by drummer Daniel Denis. For a time they were part of a musical movement called Rock in Opposition (RIO) which strove to create dense challenging music, a direct contrast to the disco and punk music being produced in the late 1970s. Obvious early influences were Bartók and Stravinsky however the band also cited less well known composers such as Albert Huybrechts, who was also Belgian.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shaking Hats - (9:45) - 188 plays
- Vocation - (4:48) - 178 plays
- La Faulx - (28:07) - 181 plays
- Très affables - (6:27) - 136 plays
- Rêve Mécanique - (12:30) - 158 plays
- Jack The Ripper - (13:29) - 142 plays
- Ronde - (14:45) - 113 plays
- Phosphorescent Dream - (12:43) - 125 plays
- Carabosse - (3:44) - 100 plays
- Dense - (12:26) - 123 plays