Tyagaraja is the name of two artists: 1)Kakarla Tyagabrahmam (Telugu: కాకర్ల త్యాగబ్రహ్మం), (May 4, 1767–January 6, 1847), colloquially known as Tyāgarāju (Telugu: త్యాగరాజు). Tyagayya and Tyāgarājar, was one of the greatest composers of Carnatic music or classical South Indian music. He, along with his contemporaries Muthuswami Dikshitar and Shyama Shastry, forms the Trinity of Carnatic music. He is known as the 'pithamaha' (godfather) of carnatic music. He was a prolific composer and highly influential in the development of the South Indian classical music tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- We Will Meet Again - (3:25) - 58 plays
- Bantu Reethi - (10:56) - 12 plays
- Nidhichala Sukhama - (32:21) - 4 plays
- The Last Step - (5:16) - 2 plays
- Ganamurthe (Atul Kumar) Flute - (5:17) - 1 plays
- Godspeed - (6:44) - 1 plays
- Rama Nee Samanamevaru (Atul Kumar) Flute - (12:25) - 1 plays
- Only in Texas - (5:15) - 1 plays
- Raga:Kalyani in Misra Chapu "Nidhi Tsala." - Original - (10:52) - 1 plays
- The Meaning of Life - (3:38) - 1 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online