Tyagaraja is the name of two artists:Read More...
1)Kakarla Tyagabrahmam (Telugu: కాకర్ల త్యాగబ్రహ్మం), (May 4, 1767–January 6, 1847), colloquially known as Tyāgarāju (Telugu: త్యాగరాజు). Tyagayya and Tyāgarājar, was one of the greatest composers of Carnatic music or classical South Indian music. He, along with his contemporaries Muthuswami Dikshitar and Shyama Shastry, forms the Trinity of Carnatic music. He is known as the 'pithamaha' (godfather) of carnatic music. He was a prolific composer and highly influential in the development of the South Indian classical music tradition. Tyagaraja composed thousands of devotional compositions, most of them in praise of Lord Rama — most of which remain very popular even today. Of special mention are five of his compositions called the Pancharatna Krithis (English: 'five gems'), which are often sung in programs in his honor.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- We Will Meet Again - 1,543 plays
- Bantu Reethi - 137 plays
- Devotion (part 2): Tulasidalamula (Raga Mayamalavagaula) - 65 plays
- Karnatek Kriti - Marakata Manivarna - 1 - 33 plays
- Karnatek Kriti - Marakata Manivarna - 2 - 26 plays
- The Meaning of Life - 24 plays
- Nidhichala Sukhama - 47 plays
- All the Names of God - 66 plays
- The Last Step - 62 plays
- Only in Texas - 55 plays