Tyagaraja is the name of two artists: 1)Kakarla Tyagabrahmam (Telugu: కాకర్ల త్యాగబ్రహ్మం), (May 4, 1767–January 6, 1847), colloquially known as Tyāgarāju (Telugu: త్యాగరాజు). Tyagayya and Tyāgarājar, was one of the greatest composers of Carnatic music or classical South Indian music. He, along with his contemporaries Muthuswami Dikshitar and Shyama Shastry, forms the Trinity of Carnatic music. He is known as the 'pithamaha' (godfather) of carnatic music. He was a prolific composer and highly influential in the development of the South Indian classical music tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- We Will Meet Again - (3:25) - 137 plays
- Devotion (part 2): Tulasidalamula (Raga Mayamalavagaula) - (4:26) - 18 plays
- Bantu Reethi - (10:56) - 33 plays
- Nidhichala Sukhama - (32:21) - 15 plays
- Namo Namo Desiya Todi Ragam - (7:18) - 4 plays
- Shiva Shiva Pantuvarali Ragam - (7:13) - 3 plays
- Karnatek Kriti - Marakata Manivarna - 2 - (3:51) - 2 plays
- Sukhi Evvaro R.Thiagarajan - (20:59) - 3 plays
- Rama Neepai Kadri Gopalnath - (5:51) - 1 plays
- Tulasi Dala - (12:59) - 5 plays