Tyagaraja is the name of two artists: 1)Kakarla Tyagabrahmam (Telugu: కాకర్ల త్యాగబ్రహ్మం), (May 4, 1767–January 6, 1847), colloquially known as Tyāgarāju (Telugu: త్యాగరాజు). Tyagayya and Tyāgarājar, was one of the greatest composers of Carnatic music or classical South Indian music. He, along with his contemporaries Muthuswami Dikshitar and Shyama Shastry, forms the Trinity of Carnatic music. He is known as the 'pithamaha' (godfather) of carnatic music. He was a prolific composer and highly influential in the development of the South Indian classical music tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- We Will Meet Again - (3:25) - 151 plays
- Devotion (part 2): Tulasidalamula (Raga Mayamalavagaula) - (4:26) - 22 plays
- Bantu Reethi - (10:56) - 25 plays
- Nidhichala Sukhama - (32:21) - 7 plays
- Karnatek Kriti - Marakata Manivarna - 2 - (3:51) - 2 plays
- Rama Bhakthi Kadri Gopalnath - (10:38) - 2 plays
- Yochana Kadri Gopalnath - (4:00) - 2 plays
- Namo Namo Desiya Todi Ragam - (7:18) - 5 plays
- Rama Neepai Kadri Gopalnath - (5:51) - 2 plays
- Shiva Shiva Pantuvarali Ragam - (7:13) - 3 plays