0 Shouts - 466,434 Scrobbles
Triumvirat was a German progressive rock band, founded in 1969 in the town of Cologne, Germany By keyboardist/composer Hans-Jürgen (later simply Jürgen) Fritz, drummer/lyricist Hans Bathelt, and bassist Werner Frangenberg.Read More...
During its early years, Triumvirat initially played Top 40 songs at local venues in Cologne. The Nice and Emerson, Lake & Palmer heavily influenced Triumvirat’s musical direction and the band incorporated some of Nice/ELP music into their repertoire (Rondo among others).
In the early 1970s, the band sent a demo tape to EMI Records in Cologne and won their first record contract. Triumvirat subsequently produced modestly successful albums during the early to mid-1970s, including Mediterranean Tales (Across The Waters) and Illusions on a Double Dimple, and toured the United States with Fleetwood Mac to support Illusions on a Double Dimple, playing the album in its entirety. In 1975, Triumvirat reached the apex of their commercial success with the release of Spartacus.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Capital of Power - 28,158 plays
- LyricsIt was shortly after nine
When they started a new time
Blood was flowing
In the gladiator's school
Things we perfect, things were cool
- The Deadly Dream of Freedom - 23,832 plays
- The Walls Of Doom - 22,605 plays
- The Hazy Shades of Dawn - 21,761 plays
- The Burning Sword of Capua - 19,935 plays
- Spartacus - 19,569 plays
- The School of Instant Pain - 17,616 plays
- The March to the Eternal City - 17,659 plays
- Old Loves Die Hard - 7,835 plays