5 Shouts - 34,149 Scrobbles
Inspired by the Beatles, the four-piece Translator featured the talents of two singer/songwriters, Steve Barton (guitar) and Bob Darlington (guitar), and a sound that spanned Merseybeat to psychedelia. Larry Dekker on bass and Dave Scheff on drums completed the lineup, which remained constant during the band's seven-year stay. Formed in Los Angeles in 1979, the band relocated to San Francisco and were swiftly signed to Howie Klein's independent label, 415 Records, on the strength of their demo version of "Everywhere That I'm Not," the song that would remain the band's signature tune.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Everywhere That I'm Not - (4:04) - 844 plays
- Un-Alone - (3:56) - 109 plays
- Necessary Spinning - (3:42) - 56 plays
- Gravity - (3:14) - 56 plays
- Come With Me - (4:34) - 51 plays
- When I Am With You - (3:06) - 43 plays
- Sleeping Snakes - (3:36) - 36 plays
- O Lazarus - (3:14) - 50 plays
- Everywhere - (3:19) - 39 plays
- Everything Is Falling - (2:18) - 42 plays