0 Shouts - 2,137,259 Scrobbles
Transatlantic is a progressive rock supergroup founded in 1999 by Neal Morse of Spock's Beard and Mike Portnoy of The Winery Dogs and Liquid Tension Experiment and formerly of Dream Theater. Other members include progressive rock veterans Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) and Pete Trewavas (Marillion).Read More...
Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation) provided backing vocals and played guitar and keyboard during the 2001 tour.
After releasing two highly acclaimed studio albums and two live recordings they disbanded in 2002 mainly because of Neal Morse's decision to start a Christian rock career.
In 2009, Transatlantic made the surprise announcement that they would get together again and record a new album. The double disc new album, titled The Whirlwind, comprising of a single 77 minute song and a second cd including 4 original recordings and 4 covers, was released in October 2009.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In Held (Twas) in I - 93,447 plays
- LyricsSome people think, think they have none
They might as well stay down
Running in circles like bulls in a ring
'Til the sword finds its way down
While the creep beats the rap on appeal
- LyricsOn the road to anywhere, in a place that exists without time
I met a girl who sang to me but her songs had no rhythm or rhyme
I couldn't feel, I could not think but my my what a colorful blind
As she sang in my mind
- My New World - 99,520 plays
- LyricsIn a state of fallen grace
With a smile upon it's face, it came!
Full moon rising today
Like a child but fully grown
Like a star but not so far away!
- Duel With the Devil - 99,016 plays
- Bridge Across Forever - 79,301 plays
- Stranger in Your Soul - 78,604 plays
- Suite Charlotte Pike - 56,498 plays
- The Wind Blew Them All Away - 65,806 plays