668 Shouts - 8,614,139 Scrobbles
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a rock orchestra founded in New York City, USA by Paul O'Neill, robert kinkel, Jon Oliva, and Al Pitrelli in 1996. O'Neill had managed and produced rock bands including Aerosmith, Humble Pie and Scorpions, later writing for and producing Savatage, where he began working with Kinkel and Oliva. The roots of TSO are found in Savatage, a traditional heavy metal band that gradually progressed into a symphonic metal act.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsNow every moment the angel spent listening
His time on earth diminished
But the angel found himself waiting there
Until each story was finished
He had only several hours left
- Lyrics[On a late night in the spring of 1827 the city of Vienna is experiencing the largest lightning storm in its long history. Within a large disheveled room, Ludwig Von Beethoven is slumped over his piano and on the piano sits the just completed manuscript for his Tenth Symphony. It is his final, and he is certain, his greatest work.]
SINCE THE TIME WHEN RA AND ISIS
RAISED THE SPHINX OUT OF THE SAND
AND APOLLO DREAMED ATHENA
AND MEN BEGAN TO UNDERSTAND
- LyricsPriusquam praesens
Hic homo nesciens
Quae futura est?
Est plane vanum?
[Once more back in 1827 Vienna, he tells Fate that he would not change a thing from his past and risk losing the music. The music is who he is, the reason for his existence. Also, having seen the influence of his music on so many lives, he knows that he could never give the music to Mephistopheles. Still, he does not wish to lose his soul. Desperately he ponders his dilemma.]
- LyricsAnd in the dark he sits alone
To work his final hours bleeding
While unconcerned upon the wall
The clock it ticks away the time
No need for words for in the dark
- Fate - (1:15) - 1,833 plays
- Mephistopheles - (3:43) - 1,851 plays
- What Is Eternal - (4:40) - 2,062 plays
- Requiem (The Fifth) - (2:59) - 1,742 plays
- Mephistopheles' Return - (4:25) - 2,001 plays