0 Shouts - 97,645 Scrobbles
Tramaine Hawkins was born October 11, 1957 in San Francisco, California. She first entered the Gospel scene in 1968, singing with The Edwin Hawkins Singers Choir's "Oh Happy Day." She, with her distinctive soprano and extensive vocal range, became better known as a featured soloist with then-husband Walter Hawkins' Love Center Choir.Read More...
While married to Bishop Walter Hawkins, the couple had two children a son, Walter "Jamie" Hawkins, Jr. and a daughter, Trystan Hawkins with one granddaughter, Jahve Hawkins and one grandson, Jamie Daniel Hawkins. Walter "Jamie" Hawkins, Jr. is married to Myiia "Sunny" Davis-Hawkins.
Tramaine has been inducted into the Gospel Hall of Fame. Recently receiving the James Cleveland Lifetime Achievement Award and netting two Stellar Awards for Female Vocalist of the Year and Traditional Female of the Year for her 2007 CD release I Never Lost My Praise (2007). She also sang at James Cleveland's funeral.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amazing Grace - 10,901 plays
- Changed - 10,431 plays
- Goin' Up Yonder - 8,509 plays
- Changed (Tramaine Treasury Album) - 6,096 plays
- I Don't Wanna Be Misunderstood - 5,096 plays
- I Still Want You (Tramaine Live ) - 3,744 plays
- Coming Home - 3,351 plays
- Praise The Name Of Jesus (Tramaine Live ) - 2,551 plays
- It's Never Too Late - 2,802 plays
- Who Is He? (Tramaine Live ) - 2,099 plays