6 Shouts - 104,965 Scrobbles
The avant-garde banjo stylings of Tony Trischka inspired a whole generation of progressive bluegrass musicians; he was not only considered among the very best pickers, he was also one of the instrument's top teachers, and created numerous instructional books, teaching video tapes and cassettes. A native of Syracuse, New York, Trischka's interest in banjo was sparked by the Kingston Trio's "Charlie and the MTA" in 1963.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fox Chase - (3:32) - 97 plays
- Promontory Point - (3:20) - 77 plays
- Booth Shot Lincoln - (2:39) - 59 plays
- Banjoland - (3:02) - 70 plays
- The Crow - (3:22) - 98 plays
- Farewell Blues - (3:00) - 56 plays
- Greenwood - (2:19) - 107 plays
- Ocracoke Lullabye - (3:17) - 63 plays
- Say Goodbye (For KM) - (3:06) - 62 plays
- Belated Wedding Hoedown / Angelina Baker - (4:07) - 53 plays