0 Shouts - 9,186 Scrobbles
Tony Cook is a dance, disco and funk artist, who started as a drummer in the highly influential J.B.'s (James Brown's backing band). Brown first discovered Tony Cook in 1973, playing at a block party for the WRDW-AM radio station he owned in his childhood hometown of Augusta, Georgia. Cook was still in high school at the time, but stayed on stayed in Brown’s sights til the early part of 1976, when Brown began to retool the J.B.s and brought Cook aboard as his new drummer. Cook would hold this position off and on for the next thirty years until Brown’s death on Christmas Day in 2006.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Get to the Point - (6:02) - 47 plays
- Video Rock - (5:12) - 34 plays
- On the Floor - (5:42) - 30 plays
- Later For Dancing - (5:19) - 38 plays
- What's On Your Mind (feat. Dam-Funk) - (4:31) - 14 plays
- Mighty Fine - (4:38) - 31 plays
- The Weekend Life - (5:43) - 25 plays
- Burn Me Up - (3:45) - 45 plays
- Cook On Your Mind - (4:29) - 31 plays
- What's On Your Mind, featuring Dam Funk - (4:28) - 18 plays