Tonico & Tinoco
9 Shouts - 14,758 Scrobbles
Tonico & Tinoco were a traditional brazilian caipira (country) music duo formed by brothers João Salvador Perez (Tonico) and José Perez (Tinoco), that together released 83 albums and made more than 40,000 live performances. From spanish, afro-brazilian and indian ascendance, the duo learned to sing traditional caipira songs in their childhood in the countryside of Botucatu,SP. In the late-1930s the duo started to make sporadic radio appearences, but their popularity only increased on the early 1940s, when they won a viola contest promoted by a radio station from São Paulo.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chico Mineiro - (3:17) - 34 plays
- Tristeza do Jeca - (3:51) - 26 plays
- Moreninha Linda - (3:05) - 24 plays
- Cana Verde - (2:33) - 23 plays
- Pé de Ipê - (2:43) - 33 plays
- Rei do Gado - (2:53) - 12 plays
- Mourão da Porteira - (2:42) - 14 plays
- Carro de Boi - (2:50) - 11 plays
- Cabocla Tereza - (4:01) - 13 plays
- Vingança do Chico Mineiro - (3:16) - 9 plays