0 Shouts - 3,714,878 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this nameRead More...
1. Tonic is an alternative rock band that formed in Los Angeles, California in 1993 and has earned two Grammy nominations to date, best known for their international top 40 hit "If You Could Only See". Originally founded by musicians Emerson Hart and Jeff Russo, later members have included Dan Lavery, Kevin Shepard, and Dan Rothchild. Signed to a recording contract in 1995, they released their debut album, titled 'Lemon Parade', in 1996.
The album was a commercial smash, getting platinum certified by the RIAA. The aforementioned single "If You Could Only See" reached #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and picked up major airplay internationally as well, especially in Canada. The group also had success with other singles "Open Up Your Eyes" and "Casual Affair", both of them top 10 hits on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.
Tonic spent much of the next two years touring, adding to its reputation as a relentlessly gigging band. In addition to extensive touring Tonic produced other work, including songs for feature film soundtracks such as Scream 2 and The X-Files. After self-producing their 1999 album Sugar, they earned two Grammy nominations for their 2002 album Head on Straight. The band then went on hiatus beginning in 2004 while its members pursued solo work and other musical endeavors.
Tonic became active again in late 2008, embarking on a tour and releasing a greatest hits compilation. These efforts set the stage for their self-titled fourth studio album, which was released in 2010. Tonic continues to actively tour.
The band's official website is: http://www.tonic-online.com/.
2. Tonic is a house music producer.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIf you could only see the way she loves me
Then maybe you would understand
Why I feel this way about our love
And what I must do
If you could only see how blue her eyes can be when she says
- LyricsLove is tragic, love is bold, you will always do what you were told
Love is hard, love is strong, you will never say that you belong
I don't when I got bitter, but love is surely better when it's gone
Cause you wanted more
More than I could give
- LyricsChoosing stones
Big enough to drag me down
Where I am
People's voices make hollow sounds
Just be quiet
- LyricsThere's an empty place inside that is hurting me
A place that keeps my heart out on it's own
A disconnected function of my wretchedness
That keeps me so hard pressed
It's a place where words are spoken you
- If You Could Only See (Edit) - 73,262 plays
- If You Could Only See (Acoustic Version) - 73,330 plays
- Take Me As I Am - 100,253 plays
- Lemon Parade - 90,328 plays
- Casual Affair - 86,356 plays
- Soldier's Daughter - 80,489 plays