0 Shouts - 93,821 Scrobbles
There are at least six bands/artists called Tommy, not counting mistags of The Who.Read More...
1. A French Electronic music producer (now named Tommy '86), very inspired by 80's music such as synth-wave, synth-pop, new-wave, italo-disco, and other related genres. He started to make music in mid-2011, but produced his first synthwave tracks only at the beginning of 2012. After listening to a track of College he had the idea to do this kind of music. His first synth-wave productions had enough feedback to encourage him to continue. Tommy has released a few singles, three EP, one LP and some remixes, for other synth-wave artists such as Awkoder, Protector 101, Future Feelings and Gossip Culture. He also released three other remixes for three more established electronic artists: Kavinsky, Lifelike and Sébastien Tellier. "Getting high" is one of the four remixes chosen by Lifelike & Popular Computer themselves and has been released on their own Computer Science label.
2. Pop-punk band from Ukiah, CA with a penchant for gang vocals. Comprised of: Tim Parks - Guitar, Vocals; Christian Freeman - Drums; Luke Slinkert - Vox, Guitar and Chad Goodin - Bass, Vocals and signed to independent label Bound By The Black Rag records. They kick it.
3. Songwriter, Tommy Donald Colin from Belgium writes his songs, his words and composes his arrangements on his own, creating a sensitive sound directed towards melody, giving a positive energy while remaining cool. Then he leaves his roots, folk, rock, oriental or still electro, and surrounds himself with his musicians Dominique Djian (keys), Olivier Duck Calmeyn (bass) and Benoit Fix Derycke (drums) with whom a genuine band spirit has arisen.
4. Tommy is a 4 piece rock band that originated in Beijing. All 4 met as expats living overseas and formed in early 2005. Members include Joe Bissell (guitar, vocals), David Su (drums), Mitchell Marecki (bass), Chris Suderman (Keyboards, backing vocals). Their style involves extensive jams, fusing of many genres into rock (suck as jazz, and even Indian melodies), and unorthodox stage shows. Tommy has recently had an offer to sign to a record label in Beijing which they had to refuse due to legal complications.
5. Tommy from New Zealand brings together the moods of reggae, rock, soul and a dash of pop in a melodic melting pot to form their 'folk roots' sound. Comfortably sitting alongside the adult contemporary music of Jack Johnson and the John Butler Trio, Tommy's sound is rooted in soothing melodies and flowing piano lines which meld in an organic blend that is unmistakably from Aotearoa.
6. There is also a duo comprised of Carrie Brownstein and Lois Maffeo called Tommy, and they've only recorded a song called "Go Sonics".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Joana - Du geile Sau - 3,933 plays
- Beyond The Stars - 2,809 plays
- Out Run - 2,028 plays
- Береги - 3,807 plays
- Joana (Du geile Sau) - 1,280 plays
- High Fidelity - Original Mix - 1,296 plays
- Joana - 780 plays
- Ich Bau Dir Ein Schloss - Radio Version - 803 plays
- Go Sonics - 822 plays
- Higher & Further - Original Mix - 1,143 plays