25 Shouts - 412,883 Scrobbles
Tom Russell (born in Los Angeles in either 1947 or 1948) is an American singer-songwriter from California, currently living in El Paso, Texas. His music incorporates elements of folk, traditional country & western, border and cowboy music of the American West. Russell's songs have been recorded by artists such as Johnny Cash, Ian Tyson, Nanci Griffith, Dave Alvin and others. In addition to his music, he is also an artist and published author. In the 1980s Russell made four albums credited to the Tom Russell Band. These featured Andrew Hardin and accordionist Fats Kaplin.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsPanco Villa crossed the border in the year of ought sixteen
The people of Columbus still hear him riding through their dreams
He killed seventeen civilians you could hear the women scream
Blackjack Pershing on a dancing horse was waiting in the wings
Tonight we ride, tonight we ride
- LyricsI had a gun pointed at my head on several occasions, Yeah Nadine I was scared.
Something about a black man with a machine gun make you wish you said your prayers,
It was Nigeria, the year was 1969
I was teaching criminology,
playing a little guitar on the side.
- Mesabi - (4:06) - 245 plays
- LyricsTheres a Mexican dead on a power line
Hes deader than yesterdays communion wine
He was trying to get something he couldnt afford for free
A poor man stealing electricity
His heart when d-da, d-da, d-da, d-da, d-da
- LyricsTwo men rode in from the south, a rainy autumn night
The Sky above and the mud below
They walked into the Deacon's bar, they were Mexican by sight
The sky above and the mud below
They threw a horsehair bridle down, we trade this for whiskey rounds
- Love Abides - (3:45) - 242 plays
- The Man From God Knows Where - (1:48) - 261 plays
- Nina Simone - (5:22) - 190 plays
- Gallo del Cielo - (7:07) - 217 plays
- Santa Ana Wind - (4:08) - 242 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online