25 Shouts - 403,033 Scrobbles
Tom Russell (born in Los Angeles in either 1947 or 1948) is an American singer-songwriter from California, currently living in El Paso, Texas. His music incorporates elements of folk, traditional country & western, border and cowboy music of the American West. Russell's songs have been recorded by artists such as Johnny Cash, Ian Tyson, Nanci Griffith, Dave Alvin and others. In addition to his music, he is also an artist and published author. In the 1980s Russell made four albums credited to the Tom Russell Band. These featured Andrew Hardin and accordionist Fats Kaplin.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tonight We Ride - (3:26) - 921 plays
- LyricsI had a gun pointed at my head on several occasions, Yeah Nadine I was scared.
Something about a black man with a machine gun make you wish you said your prayers,
It was Nigeria, the year was 1969
I was teaching criminology,
playing a little guitar on the side.
- The Man From God Knows Where - (1:48) - 393 plays
- Mesabi - (4:06) - 333 plays
- Love Abides - (3:45) - 316 plays
- Nina Simone - (5:22) - 311 plays
- Santa Ana Wind - (4:08) - 262 plays
- Gallo del Cielo - (7:07) - 280 plays
- Stealing Electricity - (2:19) - 243 plays
- The Sky Above, the Mud Below - (5:49) - 250 plays