13 Shouts - 49,214 Scrobbles
Tom Recchion has been a artist/composer/art director in Southern California since the 1970’s. He is the co-creator of the legendary Los Angeles Free Music Society (LAFMS). At the time he discarded object making (though he employs it now) and concentrated on the ephemeral nature of sound. His early practice in low-tech sonic exploration presaged many of the genre's exciting developments of the last quarter-century: record manipulation, live tape loops, free improvisation, found and invented instruments, installation, and more.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Complex Shape in the Sky - (3:20) - 70 plays
- Enormous Horses - (1:58) - 62 plays
- Doomed Ships - (2:43) - 57 plays
- Free of Ice - (3:10) - 42 plays
- Ship at Sea - (2:43) - 50 plays
- Is It a Baldwin? - (3:10) - 48 plays
- The Last Breath - (3:10) - 49 plays
- Musaphonic - (2:14) - 39 plays
- The Final Fattening - (3:47) - 44 plays
- A Body of Fish - (3:03) - 37 plays