Tom & Jerry
7 Shouts - 38,021 Scrobbles
1. Tom & Jerry was an early stage act of Paul Simon, as Jerry Landis (whose last name he borrowed from a girl he had been dating) and Art Garfunkel as Tom Graph (so called because he was fond of tracking ("graphing") hits on the pop charts). They began writing their own songs in 1955, and made their first professional recording, "Hey, Schoolgirl", for Sid Prosen of Big Records in 1957. Released on 45 rpm and 78 rpm vinyl records, with the flip-side song "Dancin' Wild", the recording sold 100,000 copies, hitting #49 on the Billboard Magazine charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hey Schoolgirl - (2:16) - 223 plays
- That's My Story - (2:32) - 204 plays
- Baby Talk - (2:07) - 161 plays
- Our Song - (1:56) - 155 plays
- True Or False - (2:11) - 139 plays
- Maximum Style - 239 plays
- Dancin' Wild - (2:18) - 127 plays
- Two teen-agers - (2:21) - 110 plays
- Yamming Snacks Like Shaggy (Juke Edit) - (3:36) - 122 plays
- Fightin' Mad - (2:08) - 80 plays