8 Shouts - 157,246 Scrobbles
Harold Floyd "Tina" Brooks (June 7, 1932 – August 13, 1974) was an American hard bop tenor saxophonist and composer. Harold Floyd Brooks was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The nickname "Tina", pronounced Teena, was a variation of "Teeny", a childhood moniker. He was the brother of Bubba Brooks. He studied harmony and theory with Herbert Bourne. Initially, he studied the C-melody saxophone, which he began playing shortly after he moved to New York with his family in 1944.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Theme for Doris - (5:35) - 1,006 plays
- Good Old Soul - (7:35) - 686 plays
- True Blue - (5:06) - 622 plays
- Minor Move - (6:38) - 396 plays
- Up Tight's Creek - (5:17) - 384 plays
- Nothing Ever Changes My Love For You - (7:53) - 357 plays
- Miss Hazel - (5:32) - 313 plays
- Back to the Tracks - (8:07) - 330 plays
- Street Singer - (10:21) - 170 plays
- The Ruby and the Pearl - (5:08) - 151 plays