8 Shouts - 154,657 Scrobbles
Harold Floyd "Tina" Brooks (June 7, 1932 – August 13, 1974) was an American hard bop tenor saxophonist and composer. Harold Floyd Brooks was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The nickname "Tina", pronounced Teena, was a variation of "Teeny", a childhood moniker. He was the brother of Bubba Brooks. He studied harmony and theory with Herbert Bourne. Initially, he studied the C-melody saxophone, which he began playing shortly after he moved to New York with his family in 1944.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Theme for Doris - (5:35) - 941 plays
- Good Old Soul - (7:35) - 669 plays
- True Blue - (5:06) - 554 plays
- Minor Move - (6:38) - 397 plays
- Up Tight's Creek - (5:17) - 358 plays
- Nothing Ever Changes My Love For You - (7:53) - 358 plays
- Miss Hazel - (5:32) - 299 plays
- Back to the Tracks - (8:07) - 314 plays
- Street Singer - (10:21) - 189 plays
- Theme For Doris (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) [2004 - Remaster] - (5:43) - 143 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online