28 Shouts - 172,578 Scrobbles
Timpuri Noi was formed in 1983 in Bucharest, Romania, and remained an underground act up to 1991. This was mainly due to what was perceived as "subversive lyrical content" in the Ceauşescu era. Incidentally, the name derives from a cliché of the period: its literal meaning is "New Age", used to signify Marxist Socialism. The tongue-in-cheek reference is somehow associated with the Bucharest district of the same name. The name is also the Romanian translation of Modern Times, the title for Charles Chaplin's classic 1936 film.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Adeline - (2:50) - 441 plays
- Victoria - (4:53) - 266 plays
- Perfect - (5:53) - 276 plays
- Vecina - (3:32) - 157 plays
- Veta - (3:16) - 196 plays
- Tata - (3:41) - 138 plays
- Luca - (3:02) - 154 plays
- Stere - (4:00) - 154 plays
- Verginica - (4:41) - 155 plays
- malu' valu' - (6:30) - 105 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online