9 Shouts - 202,374 Scrobbles
In the early 90's, the effervescent musical scene of Bahia generated a new phenomenon: Timbalada - a huge group of percussionist with tribal paintings on their bodies and a female singer that performed topless. they all played timbaus, a tall drum that hangs from the shoulder of the percussionist and is held between the legs. A product of the brilliant imagination of singer, songwriter and virtuoso percussionist Carlinhos Brown, Timbalada does justice to Bahia's rhythmic tradition and, at the same time, introduces modernity and boldness to it.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beija-Flor - (4:29) - 2,149 plays
- Toque De Timbaleiro - (3:06) - 445 plays
- Água Mineral - (1:22) - 341 plays
- Mimar Você - (4:00) - 507 plays
- Beija Flor - (4:29) - 422 plays
- A Latinha - (3:19) - 246 plays
- A Luz De Tieta - (3:15) - 268 plays
- Cachaça - (4:17) - 219 plays
- Margarida Perfumada (Ao Vivo) - (5:08) - 228 plays
- Toneladas de Desejo - (3:07) - 211 plays