9 Shouts - 204,089 Scrobbles
In the early 90's, the effervescent musical scene of Bahia generated a new phenomenon: Timbalada - a huge group of percussionist with tribal paintings on their bodies and a female singer that performed topless. they all played timbaus, a tall drum that hangs from the shoulder of the percussionist and is held between the legs. A product of the brilliant imagination of singer, songwriter and virtuoso percussionist Carlinhos Brown, Timbalada does justice to Bahia's rhythmic tradition and, at the same time, introduces modernity and boldness to it.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Beija-Flor - (4:29) - 2,410 plays
- Toque De Timbaleiro - (3:06) - 382 plays
- Água Mineral - (1:22) - 513 plays
- Mimar Você - (4:00) - 444 plays
- Beija Flor - (4:29) - 394 plays
- A Luz De Tieta - (3:15) - 340 plays
- A Latinha - (3:19) - 216 plays
- Margarida Perfumada (Ao Vivo) - (5:08) - 227 plays
- Cachaça - (4:17) - 179 plays
- Canto Pro Mar - (3:23) - 173 plays