There are three bands called Thumper.Read More...
1) The first came straight from Somerville, Boston's blandest suburb, Thumper erupted with a maniacal mix of ska, metal, and punk. Formed in 1991, the band spent the last decade of the 20th century spreading its gospel of chaos through live appearances and recorded material. Thumper, not satisfied with the normal, consistently hammered audience members throughout the country with their unique songs, taking on such subjects as joblessness, mass murder, the force, bad love, ignorance, space aliens, and television. And managing to sell over 20,000 records doing so. Yes. Boston's bastard children of ska, Thumper was the musical equivalent of a steel cage death match between Judas Priest and The Specials.
2) The most current incarnation is a San Francisco based funk/rock/hip hop act formed in 2008. The debut EP, "Thumplife", contains 5 songs that show the diversity and influence of the band. Starting with the song "Don't Expect" to the closing track "Girlfriend" the band shows their range from metal to funk with hip hop and electronic music thrown in the mix.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chrono Trigger Times of Distortion OC ReMix - 10,761 plays
- Secret of Mana Wandering The Wild Forest OC ReMix - 10,538 plays
- The Trooper - 3,780 plays
- Crazy Train - 2,467 plays
- The Same Thing - 1,539 plays
- Blind Justice - 1,830 plays
- All Fall Down - 1,380 plays
- Backstabber - 1,448 plays
- the trooper (iron maiden) - 1,000 plays
- All You Can Be - 718 plays