0 Shouts - 87,640 Scrobbles
1. Thumbscrew was formed in early 2001 in Austin, Texas. The band toured relentlessly with bands like Gaza, The_Network, Animosity, Job For A Cowboy, Ion Dissonance, and many others.Read More...
Thumbscrew released their debut album "All is Quiet" on Counterintelligence Recordings in 2004. After the release of "All is Quiet" the band released "Within Hearts of Redemption" on June 20, 2006 on Imagine It Records. W.H.O.R.E was recorded by Josh Wardrip at Orphic Studios. The album is still available.
Just like any other underground grind band, Thumbscrew broke up in 2007. Members went on to Poacher and Faithealer.
2. Thumbscrew is a cooperative trio of guitarist, Mary Halvorson, drummer, Tomas Fujiwara, and bassist, Michael Formanek. Formed in 2012, the group performs the music of all three members.
The trio Thumbscrew came about by accident, after bassist Michael Formanek subbed in a band including guitarist Mary Halvorson and drummer Tomas Fujiwara. Something special happened among them right away, so they formed a trio, a co-operative in the truest sense. They play originals by all hands, compositions whose rhythms may surge or lag or veer sideways according to their own internal logic. Bass and drums solo within the ensemble, not in quarantine. No one needs to be loudest. The blend is tight: one string (or metal) sound may bleed into another. It’s something to hear—something twisty and turny and always on the move.
Mary Halvorson - Guitar
Michael Formanek - Double Bass
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Maliscent - 11,257 plays
- Did You Get Everything You Wanted - 8,183 plays
- Title Song (A Little Black Heart) - 5,757 plays
- Be Prepared Dig In - 5,048 plays
- Fighting Wonders - 6,507 plays
- The Stuff Movies Are Made Of - 5,531 plays
- A Thought for You - 5,435 plays
- Grumpy - 5,176 plays
- Second Place Treat - 5,005 plays
- 602 - 5,087 plays