0 Shouts - 2,654,422 Scrobbles
Threshold are a progressive metal band from the South of England, consisting of Damian Wilson (vocals), Karl Groom (guitar), Richard West (keyboards), Steve Anderson (bass), Johanne James (drums) and Pete Morten (guitar).Read More...
Formed in the late 1980s, British progressive metal frontrunners Threshold combined influences of heavy metal and progressive rock to craft their very own trademark style that was a far cry from the contemporary sound of the time. The original Threshold line-up of Damian Wilson (vocals), Karl Groom (guitar), Nick Midson (guitar), Jon Jeary (bass), Richard West (keyboards) and Tony Grinham (drums) released the highly acclaimed debut album Wounded Land in 1993. The albums Psychedelicatessen (1994), Extinct Instinct (1997) and Clone (1998) followed and were accompanied by tours with combos such as Dream Theater, Psychotic Waltz and Pain Of Salvation.
The following decade saw the release of Hypothetical (2001), Critical Mass (2002) and Subsurface (2004), bringing long-awaited chart success for the band. Shortly after the release of their Nuclear Blast debut Dead Reckoning (2007), original singer Damian Wilson rejoined the band for a period of extensive touring, replacing Andrew 'Mac' McDermott who sadly passed away on 3rd August 2011.
After five years, Threshold are back with a brand new album March of Progress (#28 German Album Charts, #30 Switzerland , #43 Sweden, #55 Austria, #70 Netherlands, #102 France). Progressive as always but stronger than ever, it’s not for nothing that the opus is entitled 'March Of Progress'! Hailed by the music press as "a total triumph" (Fireworks), "an album of rare beauty" (Metal Integral) and "likely the album of the year" (Metal Observer), 'March Of Progress' is out now and the band will be out on tour in 2013.
In the past there have been other bands who used the name Threshold:
1. An R&B band. Fronted by singer Angela Carole Brown, and led by composer/guitarist Linda Taylor, Threshold includes drummer Laval Belle (Earth, Wind & Fire), bassist Del Atkins (Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige), organist Mikal Majeed (Rick Zunigar), keyboardist Ed Roth (Coolio, The Brothers Johnson), and singers Catte Adams (Chaka Khan, Natalie Cole) and Janelle Sadler (Natalie Cole, Ozzy Osbourne).
2. Finnish progressive rock band/project Threshold released their lone album "Paradise Now" in 1981. The band was a brainchild of (Pelle Miljoona's bassist) Ari Taskinen who wrote all the songs and plays keyboards and 12-string guitar here. Others participating were Vando Suvanto, Esa Kotilainen, Yari, Rubberduck Jones, Stefan Jones, Pia Noponen and Jone Takamäki.
3. A Progressive Thrash Metal band from France. The band formed in 1988 and released an album in 1991 entitled: "Within the Expanse". Band members include: Stein Guitton - Guitar, Tristan Leroy - Guitar, François Morgues - Bass, and Regis Lebrun - Drums.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Slipstream - 114,852 plays
- LyricsIn heavy consternation I move across the hall
I pictured this so many times
I wasn't scared at all
But every time I got this far I never felt so small
My mind was full of questions
- LyricsCan we go on? can we be strong?
We've got a system you're going to use it
We call it freedom and you are free to choose it
If you're not against it you've got to be for it
Neutral is dangerous and you cannot ignore it
- Safe To Fly - 51,677 plays
- This Is Your Life - 64,409 plays
- Elusive - 53,598 plays
- Hollow - 53,266 plays
- Disappear - 46,223 plays
- Ashes - 47,274 plays
- Fighting For Breath - 42,778 plays