This Is A Standoff
0 Shouts - 1,192,753 Scrobbles
This is a Standoff were a Canadian melodic punk band from Calgary, Canada that started in 2007. After the demise of their former band Belvedere, songwriter/guitarist Steve Rawles and drummer Graham Churchill were set on starting a new project and getting back on the road. After joining forces with Forty Cent Fix's John Meloche, they gathered in Calgary, Canada in 2007 to write songs for their first album, "Be Excited". The line-up was soon rounded out by Corey Tapp, bassist of One Shot Left.Read More...
Following the release of two demo songs on MySpace, the band embarked on a month-long tour in Europe, sharing the stage with Mad Caddies, Action Men, Big D and The Kids Table, and Boysetsfire.
Their debut album, "Be Excited", was released in October 2007, followed by a Canadian tour. Their follow-up album, "Be Disappointed", was released on March 31st, 2009.
On February 7, 2012, it was announced via their facebook page that the band had decided to quit. Originally intended to be a "side project", the group found themselves performing 322 shows in over 25 countries.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- You Won't Pass - 63,438 plays
- Better Than All of Us - 62,750 plays
- Silvio - 58,014 plays
- Where I Can't Be Heard - 56,099 plays
- An Admission - 48,989 plays
- Climb the Ladder - 44,524 plays
- Underwater - 47,234 plays
- Fashion Faux Pas - 43,834 plays
- My Baby Makes Me Watch the Notebook - 41,823 plays
- Affliction - 44,151 plays