32 Shouts - 772,083 Scrobbles
Jesse Colin Young got his start as a solo act on the folk circuits of Boston and New York and had already cut a couple of unsuccessful albums before deciding to form a band with guitarist Jerry Corbitt. After a failed single called "My Babe", they hired aspiring jazz drummer Joe Bauer and guitarist/pianist Lowell Levinger III, better known simply as "Banana". Young began playing bass when several candidates-- including Felix Pappalardi and Harvey Brooks (later of The Electric Flag)--proved incompatible, and the quartet took the name 'Youngbloods' from the singer's second solo album.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Get Together - (4:39) - 11,514 plays
- Let's Get Together - (4:35) - 3,824 plays
- Darkness, Darkness - (3:48) - 1,596 plays
- Sugar Babe - (2:13) - 1,329 plays
- Sunlight - (3:07) - 957 plays
- Quicksand - (2:41) - 404 plays
- Sham - (2:44) - 395 plays
- Four in the Morning - (2:53) - 468 plays
- Grizzly Bear - (2:24) - 365 plays
- Ride the Wind - (6:36) - 325 plays