The White Stripes
8,757 Shouts - 118,651,503 Scrobbles
The White Stripes were an alternative rock band, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan, United States. They disbanded in 2011. The group consisted of songwriter Jack White (vocals, piano/keyboards, guitar) and Meg White (drums, vocals). After releasing several singles and three albums within the Detroit independent music underground, The White Stripes rose to prominence in 2002, as part of the garage rock revival scene. Their successful albums White Blood Cells and Elephant drew them attention from a large variety of media outlets in the United States and the United Kingdom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm gonna fight 'em off
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back
And I'm talking to myself at night
- LyricsFell in love with a girl
I fell in love once and almost completely
she's in love with the world
but sometimes these feelings
can be so misleading
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- LyricsWe started living in an old house
My ma gave birth and we were checking it out
It was a baby boy, so we bought him a toy
It was a ray gun and it was 1981
We named him Baby, he had a toothache
- LyricsYa he, icky thump
Who'd a thunk?
On a wagon to Mexico
- Ball and Biscuit - (7:19) - 69,600 plays
- We're Going to Be Friends - (2:20) - 67,555 plays
- My Doorbell - (4:02) - 57,890 plays
- Black Math - (3:03) - 57,752 plays
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground - (3:01) - 53,786 plays