257 Shouts - 2,510,730 Scrobbles
The Waterboys is a British celtic band formed in 1983 by Scottish musician Mike Scott. Their songs, largely written by Scott, often contain literary references and are frequently concerned with spirituality. Both the group and its members' solo careers have received much praise from both rock and folk music critics, but The Waterboys as a band has never received the commercial success that some of its members (such as Ian McNabb, leader of The Icicle Works; Trevor Hutchinson, a founding member of Lúnasa; etc) have had independently.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI pictured a rainbow, you held it in your hands
I had flashes but you saw then plan
I wandered out in the world for years while you just stayed in your room
I saw the crescent, you saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon
- LyricsI wish I was a fisherman
Tumblin' on the seas
Far away from dry land
And its bitter memories
Casting out my sweet line
- Fisherman's Blues - 2006 - Remaster - (4:17) - 7,065 plays
- LyricsWell here we are in a special place
What are you gonna do here?
Now we stand in a special place
What will you do here?
What show of soul are we gonna get from you?
- LyricsA man is in love, how do I know?
He came and walked with me and he told me so
In a song he sang and then I knew
A man is in love with you
A man is in love, how did I hear?
- Spirit - (1:49) - 2,382 plays
- And A Bang On The Ear - (7:33) - 2,688 plays
- The Pan Within - (4:31) - 2,773 plays
- A Girl Called Johnny - (3:53) - 2,389 plays
- Strange Boat - (3:07) - 2,729 plays