0 Shouts - 262,370 Scrobbles
There are two groups with the name Watchmen:Read More...
1) The Watchmen were a Canadian rock band. They were one of the most commercially successful Canadian alternative rock groups of the early 1990s.
The group was formed in 1988 in Winnipeg, Manitoba by vocalist Daniel Greaves, guitarist Joey Serlin, bassist Pete Loewen and drummer Sammy Kohn. Serlin was a comic fan and named the group after the DC comic. They released their debut album, McLaren Furnace Room, in 1992. (The album was named for one of the band's rehearsal spaces, the furnace room of the McLaren Hotel in Winnipeg.) The single "Cracked" garnered the band significant airplay on rock stations, but was quickly eclipsed by the anti-spousal abuse anthem "Run and Hide", which became the band's breakthrough hit.
Loewen left the band, and was replaced by Ken Tizzard. The band's 1994 album In the Trees confirmed their place in Canadian rock with the hit singles "Boneyard Tree", "All Uncovered" and "Lusitana".
Their 1996 album Brand New Day was not as well-received by critics or audiences -- "Zoom", "Incarnate" and "Shut Up" were moderately successful singles, but none achieved the kind of success that the band's earlier singles had. 1998's Silent Radar was the band's return to commercial success, with the hit singles "Stereo", "Any Day Now" and "Brighter Hell".
Their 2001 album Slomotion saw the exit of Sammy Kohn and the remaining members experimenting with more industrial textures. As if prepared for a bad reception, the band also packaged the album with a second greatest hits disc. The album was, indeed, poorly received by fans and critics, with only the single "Absolutely Anytime" gaining any radio airplay.
The band subsequently broke up. Greaves went on to form Doctor with Rob Higgins, Tizzard joined Thornley, and Serlin appeared on Ryan Malcolm's debut album before forming his own new band, Redline.
In 2009, the band reformed and started touring again.
2) The Watchmen is a brand new hip hop group presented by Wu-Tang Management. The group consists of Prox, Pro, BlackMask, 7th 7ign and The Cipher. In preparation for the group's debut double LP they released a mixtape in early 2010 entitled Assassination Orders. Then in May 2010 they released their debut LP "Wu-Tang Management Presents Watchmen".
On January 11th 2011 they released a CD entitled "Power" which features 11 tracks written and recorded in the summer of 2006 and wholly produced by Florida artist Analog.
Both BlackMask and 7th 7ign have recorded solo albums, only 7th has released one - 7th Hour (2009)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMy life is a stereo how loud does it go
What songs do I know
What happened to my plans
What ever happened to the life I thought I'd have
My life is a stereo kind of cheaply made though
- LyricsTouching down, it's a frozen town
Look around, I grew up, I fell down
Nothing changes, nothing changes except the red lights
Nobody changes, nobody changes, wanna see them tonight
Everybody gather 'round
- LyricsWhat's all this talk about planning for the crisis
I'm not thinking like that at all
Smiling faces are my Dionysus
I'm not thinking clear at all
Hold up, crazy one, I know what you're thinking
- LyricsIn crept the sunshine gently touched my face
Kinda woke me with its grace
Roll myself over pray that you're there
My first day here without you there
Everything's so quiet
- LyricsYeah I've got this wondrous feeling
Yeah I'm in this place again
Yeah I'm waking up and I need somethin'
And it seems quite simple
For us common people
- Silent Radar - 7,225 plays
- Absolutely Anytime - 12,119 plays
- On My Way - 6,382 plays
- I'm Waiting - 6,285 plays
- He's Gone - 6,046 plays