8 Shouts - 25,716 Scrobbles
The Wasps were a British punk band formed in 1976. They played at popular punk venues like the Vortex and the Roxy and drew favorable reviews in NME. The Wasps were known for attracting controversy with their wild shows, which featured wanton violence and fireworks, and for clashing with music reviewers in the pages of Sounds. In 77 a fan was beaten to death by the bouncers at one of their UK tour shows, drawing more controversy to the band. Following the release of the 79 single "Rubber Cars", the band was so popular that there were talks of a Wasps cartoon.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Teenage Treats - (3:03) - 356 plays
- Can't Wait 'Til '78 - (2:55) - 170 plays
- She made magic - (3:00) - 51 plays
- Free country - (1:56) - 34 plays
- Waiting For My Man - (4:33) - 27 plays
- Another song about dancing - (2:53) - 43 plays
- Something to tell you - (2:54) - 41 plays
- Run run Angelica - (2:41) - 46 plays
- This time - (2:26) - 87 plays
- Cross my heart - (2:34) - 27 plays