The Voluntary Butler Scheme
40 Shouts - 125,677 Scrobbles
The Voluntary Butler Scheme is, to all intents and purposes, Rob Jones – a young man holed up in Stourbridge just outside Birmingham, writing pop songs of classic sound, vivid imagination and homemade ingenuity. A couple of years ago, Rob filled the days surfing drum stools, playing for a string of bands and relishing the low-expectations life of a jobbing musician. But then, the offer of a solo gig came up. "So I wrote four or five songs, and played the show," he explains. And? "And it wasn't all that," he laughs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trading Things In - (2:28) - 345 plays
- Brain Freeze - (3:09) - 240 plays
- Honey In The Gravel Mixture - (4:11) - 162 plays
- Multiplayer - (3:16) - 161 plays
- That's How I Got To Memphis - (4:33) - 115 plays
- The Q Word - (6:20) - 96 plays
- Believe - 86 plays
- Looking For Nearby Water - (2:19) - 97 plays
- QUINZHEE - (3:04) - 77 plays
- No Easy Way Out - (2:45) - 75 plays