The Voluntary Butler Scheme
40 Shouts - 116,076 Scrobbles
The Voluntary Butler Scheme is, to all intents and purposes, Rob Jones – a young man holed up in Stourbridge just outside Birmingham, writing pop songs of classic sound, vivid imagination and homemade ingenuity. A couple of years ago, Rob filled the days surfing drum stools, playing for a string of bands and relishing the low-expectations life of a jobbing musician. But then, the offer of a solo gig came up. "So I wrote four or five songs, and played the show," he explains. And? "And it wasn't all that," he laughs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trading Things In - (2:28) - 659 plays
- Multiplayer - (3:16) - 324 plays
- Until My Watch Runs Out Of Battery - (3:30) - 120 plays
- The Eiffel Tower and The BT Tower - (3:45) - 99 plays
- Don't Rely On It, Don't Count In - (3:20) - 127 plays
- Alarm Clock - (2:44) - 116 plays
- Hot Air Balloon Heart - (3:10) - 73 plays
- Dancing With Ted Danson - (0:39) - 83 plays
- Split - (4:01) - 69 plays
- Turn Country Lanes Into Motorways - (4:10) - 58 plays