The Voluntary Butler Scheme
40 Shouts - 117,677 Scrobbles
The Voluntary Butler Scheme is, to all intents and purposes, Rob Jones – a young man holed up in Stourbridge just outside Birmingham, writing pop songs of classic sound, vivid imagination and homemade ingenuity. A couple of years ago, Rob filled the days surfing drum stools, playing for a string of bands and relishing the low-expectations life of a jobbing musician. But then, the offer of a solo gig came up. "So I wrote four or five songs, and played the show," he explains. And? "And it wasn't all that," he laughs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Trading Things In - (2:28) - 687 plays
- Multiplayer - (3:16) - 325 plays
- Until My Watch Runs Out Of Battery - (3:30) - 135 plays
- Don't Rely On It, Don't Count In - (3:20) - 114 plays
- The Eiffel Tower and The BT Tower - (3:45) - 109 plays
- Alarm Clock - (2:44) - 120 plays
- Hot Air Balloon Heart - (3:10) - 88 plays
- Tasbasco Sole - (2:50) - 82 plays
- Split - (4:01) - 67 plays
- Turn Country Lanes Into Motorways - (4:10) - 59 plays