0 Shouts - 7,500,319 Scrobbles
The View is the name of two bands:Read More...
1. A four-piece indie rock/punk rock band from Dundee, Scotland.
2. A five-piece alternative pop-rock band from Sydney, Australia, now known as Planet of the Stereos.
1. The View (Dundee, Scotland) have been active in the music scene since early 2005, supporting more renowned acts including Babyshambles, Primal Scream and The Undertones. The band initially based themselves at The Bayview pub in the Menzieshill district of Dundee, not too far from their native Dryburgh. From this pub, the band took their name. Shortly after they moved to The Doghouse, a respected music venue in Dundee's city centre, where they came to the attention of local music promoters, management and ever-growing fan-base. Currently signed to 1965 Records, the band's debut single, "Wasted Little DJs", was released in 2006. The single entered the UK MTV/NME video charts on tthe 9th July 2006 and climbed to top this chart the same day it reached 15 in the UK singles chart on the 13th August 2006. They have recently released their first album, 'Hats Off to the Buskers, which entered the British album chart at number one.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI've had the same jeans on for four days now
I?m gonna go to a disco in the middle of the town
Everybody?s dressing up I?m dressing down
Life?s one big circle, and it does end
When it ends will you still be my friend?
- LyricsSuperstar tradesman, stand at the bar
Get a trade son you will go far
You have a house in the ferry and a new guitar
That's never been played before and it never will
Never been played before and it never will
- LyricsThinking of poems of poverty
Sitting with a tight clenched wrist, thinking how to gain authority
Oh what a soft touch of a boy
He'd wander with pride to sell and keep visions to his self
Visions to his self
- LyricsYou have a face for the radio,
But I know you'd like to see it in a show,
Claiming to be the next best everything,
Which way will you go?
You're a little smarter than most of us,
- LyricsSkag trendy thinks he knows just what to do
He was only seventeen and he was out screwing the brew
Thought that parents were too old, teachers told him what to do
Master skag trendy, he'd like to talk to you
He told his mother what he was all about
- Comin' Down - 268,366 plays
- Claudia - 267,258 plays
- Dance Into The Night - 257,323 plays
- Don't Tell Me - 236,982 plays
- Typical Time - 233,884 plays