2 Shouts - 33,784 Scrobbles
The Velvets were an American doo wop group from Odessa in Ector County in West Texas. The African American quintet was formed in 1959 by Virgil Johnson, a high school English teacher, with four of his students. Roy Orbison heard the group and arranged for them to be signed to Monument Records in 1960. Their first release was the standard "That Lucky Old Sun" but their biggest hit single was "Tonight (Could Be the Night)", which hit #26 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1961.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Got To Find Me Somebody - (2:20) - 595 plays
- Tonight Could Be The Night - (2:07) - 341 plays
- Tonight (Could Be The Night) - (2:04) - 286 plays
- I - (3:18) - 233 plays
- Lana - (2:22) - 286 plays
- That Lucky Old Sun - (2:33) - 79 plays
- I Gotta Find Me Somebody (7" Mix) - (2:21) - 114 plays
- Spring Fever - (2:37) - 59 plays
- Laugh - (2:22) - 55 plays
- Tonight - (2:09) - 54 plays