1 Shouts - 32,823 Scrobbles
The Velvets were an American doo wop group from Odessa in Ector County in West Texas. The African American quintet was formed in 1959 by Virgil Johnson, a high school English teacher, with four of his students. Roy Orbison heard the group and arranged for them to be signed to Monument Records in 1960. Their first release was the standard "That Lucky Old Sun" but their biggest hit single was "Tonight (Could Be the Night)", which hit #26 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1961.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tonight Could Be The Night - (2:07) - 443 plays
- I Got To Find Me Somebody - (2:20) - 489 plays
- Tonight (Could Be The Night) - (2:04) - 247 plays
- I - (3:18) - 216 plays
- Lana - (2:22) - 340 plays
- That Lucky Old Sun - (2:33) - 71 plays
- Tonight - (2:09) - 68 plays
- Laugh - (2:22) - 64 plays
- Spring Fever - (2:37) - 36 plays
- Let the Fool Kiss You - (1:52) - 30 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online